What’s Whole30, you ask? It’s basically a regime where you forego sugar, diary, legumes, grains and refined carbs for 30 days and in their place, you eat whole foods – think veggies, fruit and protein. Most folk who follow attempt this eat meat-sourced protein, but that’s not what we’re about here at The Vegan Company. No, ma’am, we’re not!
We believe if you’re vegan and think the Whole30 regime is for you, you should still go for it, so we’ve compiled a list of seven vegan breakfasts that you can easily rotate throughout the month.
1.Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Porridge. Creamy and delicious, this is dairy and grain free. We promise, you’ll love it. From The Nourishing Home
2. 4-ingredient Zucchini Cauliflower Fritters. Crispy fritters are a great way to kick off the day. So easy to make, and delicious to boot, if there’s any left over, we know you’re going to want to eat ‘em for lunch and dinner too. From The Big Man’s World
3. Paleo Avocado Toast. Cutting out your morning sour dough can be devastating when doing Whole30 (the struggle is real, folks). But here’s a clever and equally as tasty alternative – simply swap it for toasted sweet potato and top it with lashings of avocado. From Freckled Italian
4. Raspberry and Banana Chia Pudding. Quick and easy, this pudding gives you the combined health benefits of chia seeds (think: omega 3s, fibre), almond milk, bananas and raspberries. A nutritious, delicious and satiating way to start your day. From The Healthy Family and Home
5. Almond Matcha Superfood Smoothie. While smoothies are not really encouraged when doing Whole30, we reckon you always need wiggle room, especially if you’re following the vegan version. Plus, the lists of what you can’t eat says nothing about plant milks. In fact, unsweetened almond milk is listed as OK on the list of what you CAN eat. So, try this smoothie, which just so happens to be nutritious, filling and really yummy. From Against All Grain
6. Stuffed Breakfast Sweet Potato. Sweet Potatoes for breakfast? You bet! As the potato takes 35 mins to cook, you may want to prepare it the night before, or save it for the weekend. Either way, it’s worth the effort! From Hedi Hearts
7. Portabella Stuffed with Hash Browns. Portobello mushrooms are oozing with flavour and they just get better when they are stuffed with vegan cheese and crispy hash browns. We couldn’t think of a better way to start Sunday morning! From Vegan Richa
About the Author
The Vegan Company is the go-to digital destination for luxurious, sustainable vegan fashion and beauty. Its mission is to make vegan living stylish, desirable and accessible by connecting people with an ever-growing collection of sustainable, cruelty-free vegan fashion, beauty and feel-good news.
Our writers independently select all products featured on The Vegan Company. We only recommend products and services we love – and think you’ll love too. Just letting you know that when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.