- • 4 Vegie Delights Herb & Garlic Sausages, sliced into 1 cm pieces
- • 1 (130g) brown onion, peeled and diced
- • 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- • 1½ cups Arborio or risotto rice
- • 750ml vegetable stock
- • 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- • 1 cup frozen peas
- • 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- • Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- HEAT saucepan on medium, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook Vegie Delights Herb & Garlic Sausages for 5-8 minutes, or until lightly golden and then remove from pan.
- COOK onion and garlic by adding remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan, followed by onion and garlic and cook for 5-6 minutes or until translucent.
- ADD risotto rice to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and one cup of stock, stir, and allow stock to absorb. Continue adding stock 1 cup at a time, allowing liquid to absorb before adding the next cup.
- STIR sausages back into the pan, with the peas and basil leaves when rice is al dente and with a small amount of liquid remaining.
- SERVE with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
This Recipe is taken from Stephanie Rice’s second free eCookbook – Go Vegie Today for a Better Tomorrow – which she helped create with plant-food company Vegie Delights.
Free to download from the Vegie Delights website, it’s packed full of delicious recipes.
About the Author
After researching different ways of living, Olympic gold medallist Stephanie Rice became interested in veganism. “It just really resonated with me, as I’d never been a fan of meat or dairy. I started slowly transitioning to the lifestyle with small steps here and there and have never felt healthier or happier. I’m also much more content knowing that I’m doing my bit to help make the planet a more sustainable place, and am putting the welfare of animals at the forefront.”
Stephanie has released her second free eCookbook – Go Vegie Today for a Better Tomorrow – which she helped create with plant-food company Vegie Delights.
Our writers independently select all products featured on The Vegan Company. We only recommend products and services we love – and think you’ll love too. Just letting you know that when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.