Not that you need an excuse to eat a burger, but just in case you did, May 28 is National Burger Day. So go forth and order up, guilt free. Luckily there’s no shortage of great vegan burgers to choose from. Here’s our top five:
1. Lord of the Fries – with six 100% vegan burgers to pick from, it’s a tough choice. Our favourite is Spicy – the tabasco tomato sauce, jalapenos and chilli mayo give it a real kick. And for those of you craving a meaty taste, make sure you ask for the Beyond Meat patty (which can also be used on the Original too).
2. Soul Burger – with a 100% vegan menu ranging from Just Beef and Beyond Burger to Pulled Pork and BBQ Bacon, our pick is The Aussie. The grilled pineapple adds a hit of sweetness that we love.
3. Grill’d – while we love Grill’d Vegan Cheeseburger 2.0, for those of you wanting a more traditional tasting meat patty, you’re best to stick with the Beyond Burgers options (some of which you need to ask for the vegan version). Our pick, is the Beyond Garden Goodness – with its Beyond Meat patty, beetroot, salad, avocado, vegan cheese & mayo it’s big on taste!
4. Hungry Jacks – just when we thought the world couldn’t get any crazier, Hungry Jacks doubled down on its vegan offering, including vegan brekky muffins! Their vegan range uses quality vegan ingredients including vegan cheese and vegan mayo. Our pick is the 100% Vegan Cheeseburger – the patty, made from corn, capsicum and carrot, is not trying to be a meat substitute and it has a big cheesy taste! Plus we love the seeded bun.
5. Burger Urge – calling all chilli lovers… earlier this year, Burger Urge unveiled its new Nutritious Delicious menu which included their first ever vegan burgers. Several options are available, all made by acclaimed vegan chef, Alejandro Cancino. For National Burger Day, Burger Urge is bringing back its Double Decker Death Wish packed with the most searing chillies on the planet. Be sure to ask for the vegan version of this fire-starter!
Main image: Lord of the Fries / Instagram
About the Author
The Vegan Company is the go-to digital destination for luxurious, sustainable vegan fashion and beauty. Its mission is to make vegan living stylish, desirable and accessible by connecting people with an ever-growing collection of sustainable, cruelty-free vegan fashion, beauty and feel-good news.
Our writers independently select all products featured on The Vegan Company. We only recommend products and services we love – and think you’ll love too. Just letting you know that when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.