Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to work we go. Here are our top beauty & makeup tips for leaving the house looking professional, modern and approachable with a minimum of effort, allowing you that extra 15 minutes to walk the dog before breakfast.
Beauty & Makeup Tips:
1. Get in front of the game by tinting your eyebrows at home every three weeks for an economical brow boost that leaves brows ready to go at a moment’s notice. Having your brows on fleek at all times gives you extra minutes to spend choosing your perfect outfit.
2. Wake up looking fresher with a crease-free face and smoother hair after sleeping on a bamboo lyocell pillowcase, the perfect alternative to silk.
3. Choose products that are multipurpose and can cut down on the steps in your routine. Look for primers with sunscreen, skincare benefits, illumination, colour correction, oil control or bronzing effects. Primer will also keep your makeup looking fresh for longer.
4. Apply concealer only to the areas you need coverage- under your eyes, around your nostrils, and on any blemishes. Allowing concealer to sit on your skin for a few moments before you blend it out, (perhaps while you brush your hair or teeth), allows the pigment to set and become more concentrated in the areas you have applied it.
5. Using a foundation powder can be a seriously fast and easy way to even out your skin- even without a mirror! Just swirl and buff a loaded brush over the contours of your face, and voila!
6. If you prefer a liquid foundation, choose one with a long lasting formula to keep your day running smoothly and efficiently. For this option, fingers are a fantastic, fast and underrated makeup tool that are difficult to lose, always at hand (!) and easy to clean.
7. Use your bronzer as an eye colour. Just pinch the bristles of the brush you use for your face to customise the shape for use on your eye and brow bone area. You can also use a powder blush in the same way.
8. Bright, but sheer lipstick is an easy way to maximise impact, and takes the spotlight, allowing you the freedom to ditch detailed eye looks. A sheer formula ensures fool-proof application, and a bright lip colour carries your style into the chic French girl category. This sort of product is easy to reapply after eating without the need to whip out lip liners or mirrors.
9. Use your lipstick as a dewy cream blush to accent your cheekbones as well as on your lips. Just dab and tap gently to diffuse the colour without disturbing your foundation.
10. Of course we love pandas, but not around our eyes. Apply a tubing mascara to give lashes a natural look that will remain smudge free throughout any drama that comes your way.
11. If in doubt about your hair, a quick, cheerful ponytail is chic and classic, hiding oily roots. Simply tie a vintage inspired scarf around the hair tie to give your hairstyle more impact and really nail the French girl look.
12. Carry a spray or mist in your bag for an instant refresh at any time throughout your day. (Don’t worry about your mascara- it’s a tubing formula, which won’t budge until you want it to!)
13. Run out the door with your Sans Beast brief liaison tote, which is the perfect size and configuration to keep your life organised, stuffed with your wallet, phone, keys, lipstick, refresher mist and vegan lunchbox.
Main image: Sans Beast Brief Liason tote/The Iconic
We use affiliate links in many posts on this site. While we may receive a fee or commission (should you make a purchase via a link), we only promote brands we really love and trust.
About the Author
Jessica Ferguson grew up on a nudist health farm in the Sunshine Coast hinterland to vegetarian parents, and was raised with ethical consumerism at the forefront of family life. In a small country town in Queensland, these ideals were often viewed as suspicious and against the norm.
While studying a Masters of Teaching, and a Bachelors degree in Anthropology from Sydney University, Jessica spent many years working part time in modelling and television, where her interests in beauty and fashion developed.
Making a sea change to the NSW Hunter Region earlier in 2019 with her surfer husband and twins in tow, has been a revelation, revealing a vibrant and fresh lifestyle, rich with dynamic and motivated people.
Jessica feels this is an exciting time to grow the vegan voice, as we witness an enlivened global movement towards plant-based lifestyles and social awareness.
Our writers independently select all products featured on The Vegan Company. We only recommend products and services we love – and think you’ll love too. Just letting you know that when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.