It’s rarely sensible style that gets you noticed, so if you don’t want to fade into the background, you need to be a little brave. If you’re unsure about this season’s checkered trousers, don’t be! We’re here to show you how these cool plaid bottoms can brighten any outfit.
1. High-waisted grey check trousers in a wide-leg fit look great with a white sweater or cotton knit, different patterned socks and white sneakers.
Image: Promod checked trousers, grey print
2. Denim makes everything OK, so try teaming your checked pants with a timeless denim jacket. No matter what check trousers you choose, or what shoes you team it with, throw that denim on!
3. There’s nothing to stop you mixing patterns any more, so get creative and don’t be shy. Mismatch your checked pants with a floral or striped top and wear it with confidence!
Image: Alexa Chung
4. Make a statement with matching accessories. A bag or shoe is a great way to highlight the boldest colour in your check. Check out (ha!) Liv Perez wearing the blue based check trouser with a cute blue bag and cotton polo. We love it.
5. Take yourself back to the 50s with skinny black and white pants. Team them with a white shirt and a black jumper, and finish the outfit off with a pair of kitten heels.
Image: Missguided monochrome checked pants
Main image: Promod checked trousers grey print
About the Author
Sally is a director of The Vegan Company.
Sally has extensive experience working in high end fashion and beauty across media and communications, starting out in London (does mentioning the 90s date her?!) before settling in Sydney.
She loves a start up, so when the chance came to put her skills to work with early stage companies she formed her own business and went for it, consulting to a number of fantastic businesses that have gone on to be great successes.
As a qualified colour and style consultant, Sally is not afraid to tell you who wore it best! With 4 children (counting, of course, the 4 legged fur ball) and a home in Sydney’s inner west, Sally loves her busy life: running, cycling, walking, sports and good food and wine….definitely good wine!
Having grown up in the mincemeat environment of Northern England, working on The Vegan Company has altered Sally’s perspective on life, and opened her eyes. She genuinely feels that she can make a change, one step at a time, one day at a time! She is proud to be part of this new wave, and for her, this new world.
Our writers independently select all products featured on The Vegan Company. We only recommend products and services we love – and think you’ll love too. Just letting you know that when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.