It’s rarely sensible style that gets you noticed, so if you don’t want to fade into the background, you need to be a little brave. If you’re unsure about this season’s checkered trousers, don’t be! We’re here to show you how these cool plaid bottoms can brighten any outfit.
1. High-waisted grey check trousers in a wide-leg fit look great with a white sweater or cotton knit, different patterned socks and white sneakers.
Image: Promod checked trousers, grey print
2. Denim makes everything OK, so try teaming your checked pants with a timeless denim jacket. No matter what check trousers you choose, or what shoes you team it with, throw that denim on!
3. There’s nothing to stop you mixing patterns any more, so get creative and don’t be shy. Mismatch your checked pants with a floral or striped top and wear it with confidence!
Image: Alexa Chung
4. Make a statement with matching accessories. A bag or shoe is a great way to highlight the boldest colour in your check. Check out (ha!) Liv Perez wearing the blue based check trouser with a cute blue bag and cotton polo. We love it.
5. Take yourself back to the 50s with skinny black and white pants. Team them with a white shirt and a black jumper, and finish the outfit off with a pair of kitten heels.
Image: Missguided monochrome checked pants
Main image: Promod checked trousers grey print