Baby it’s cold outside… so snuggle up with a bowl of soup, creamy pasta or something equally as scrumptious. This line up of vegan comfort foods also happens to be filled with nutritious goodness to ward off winter worries and blues.
- Loaded Mexican-Style Sweet Potato Skins. Crispy sweet potato, mashed potato, black beans, cherry tomatoes, chipotle and guacamole – need we say more, except, Ole! From Deliciously Ella
2. Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff. The words stroganoff and vegan are not usually synonymous, especially with all that beef and sour cream! But follow this fab recipe that combines juicy Portobello and button mushrooms and swaps out the sour cream for a vegan alternative and you’ve got yourself one incredible comfort dish! From My Darling Vegan
3. Sweet Potato Bake. Not only does this delicious slow bake pack a tasty punch, it’s also incredibly healthy. It’s a near perfect comfort food in our books. From Gently Vegan
4. One Pot Creamy Garlic Pasta. When you think of vegan comfort foods, this hits the mark on so many levels. Loaded with carbs, garlic and a creamy texture, we love that it’s all cooked in a single pot, so you’ll save on cleaning up time too. From Yup It’s Vegan
5. Vegan Cheesy Leek Crumble. If you love a cheesy taste, then this is the dish for you – and combined with leeks, it’s an absolute comfort food winner. From BBC Good Food
6. New England Vegan Chowder. If you have a bit of time on a wet and cold Sunday afternoon, then this is the perfect way to spend it. Your tastebuds will thank you as this chowder tastes every bit as good as it looks! From Olives for Dinner
7. Curried Leek and Potato Soup. Super easy and perfect for warming up everything! You can’t go past this soup for a simple any-night dinner. From The Vegan Company
8. Vegan Spaghetti Carbonara with Black Garlic. Another creamy carb loaded dish that just screams “comfort”. Oh and it’s healthy too – so you can eat until your heart’s content. From The White Chestnut
9. The Meatiest Meat Free Lasagne You’ve Ever Tasted. We have the perfect dish when you’re in need of some delicious home cooked comfort that’s full of 100% plant based goodness. Plus it will fool to serve when you’ve got a die-hard meat eater coming for dinner. From Shonagh Walker at The Vegan Company
10. Vegan Mac & Cheese. Ah, the ultimate comfort food – Mac & Cheese. This one is deliciously creamy and perfect for those days you’re craving…comfort. Best of all, you’ll also have it on the table in under 30 mins! From Delicious Every Day
Main image courtesy from Delicious Every Day.
About the Author
The Vegan Company is the go-to digital destination for luxurious, sustainable vegan fashion and beauty. Its mission is to make vegan living stylish, desirable and accessible by connecting people with an ever-growing collection of sustainable, cruelty-free vegan fashion, beauty and feel-good news.
Our writers independently select all products featured on The Vegan Company. We only recommend products and services we love – and think you’ll love too. Just letting you know that when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.